cut the old sprocket rings off with the oxy-acetylene torch and my brother is welding the new ones on.
has begun. The air compressor we are using is built from two 100 lb
propane tanks and a compressor our Dad acquired years ago. We bought
a new 13 hp Honda engine for it and built the frame. We got the
filters and regulator from Grainger
have sandblasted the driveline and are preparing it for the primer coat.
main chassis is primered. We used all Cat paints for the project.
coat of paint is on.
pony motor and some of the external engine parts have been sandblasted,
painted and installed.
fenders, fuel tank, dash and manifolds have been sandblasted, painted and
undercarriages as they were all torn apart and painted.
are the new undercarriage parts. We priced around and ordered them
from HeavyQuip. There are 37
link rails and new sprocket rings and new bolts on the pallet. The
old rails have 1/2" bolts that hold the pads to the rails, but the
new rails use 9/16" bolts, so we purchased a tapered bridge reamer
from MSC Industrial and have
to ream every hole in every pad out 1/16". 296 of them.
have assembled the undercarriages and have installed them onto the
chassis. We are currently installing the new rails.
the left picture we have the pony engine running. It started right up and
after some carburetor adjustment runs GREAT!! In the right picture
we are getting close to ignition!
many months of hard work, the main diesel engine is running! Itís smiles